|[PAL]2019 PAL-XFEL Call for Proposals of "Director R&D beamtime"|
|이름 : 포항가속기연구소 | 작성일 : 2019.05.08 10:04 | 조회수 : 184 |링크 :|
PAL-XFEL Call for R&D beamtime Proposals
□ Information for R&D beamtime
PAL-XFEL has launched a R&D (Research & Development) program. This R&D beamtime reserves total 20 shifts of the beamtime in 2019, of which 8 shifts are left. It is open for the experiments that meet the following criteria.
- Distinguished from the general user experiment, requiring long period or series of beamtime
- Establishing new experimental techniques or instruments at PAL-XFEL
- Proving critical performance of PAL-XFEL
- Making a great scientific impact, not limited to the list above
This R&D beamtime proposals will be decided by PAL internal review. The PAL-XFEL receives the proposal throughout this year. Please contact the Head of XFEL Beamline Division, Dr. Seungyu Rah (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more details.
□ PAL-XFEL Source Characteristics
ㅇ Hard X-ray FEL Beam Characteristics
⦁ Available XFEL energy: 2.20* - 15 keV (for XSS beamline), 11.5 keV (for NCI beamline)
⦁ Repetition rate: 10 Hz, 30 Hz, 60 Hz**
⦁ Pulse duration (FWHM): ~25 fs
⦁ Bandwidth: < 0.4 %
⦁ Photon flux: > 1.0 x 1011 phs/pulse @ 9.7 keV
⦁ CRL focused XFEL beam size (FWHM): > 5 keV, > 10 μm diameter (for XSS beamline)
⦁ KB focused XFEL beam size (FWHM): H x V ~5 μm x 8 μm @ 5 keV, ~5 μm x 5 μm @ 9.7 keV
ㅇ Soft X-ray FEL Beam Characteristics
⦁ Soft X-ray spectrometer
Plane VLS grating type (200 - 1200 eV)
Resolving power: ~ 1500 @ 900 eV
⦁ Repetition rate: 10 Hz, 30 Hz, 60 Hz
⦁ Pulse duration (FWHM): < 50 fs
⦁ Bandwidth: < 0.4 %
⦁ Photon flux: ~1.0 x 1012phs/pulse @ 800 eV
□ User Information and Obligations
- All users must register the PAL system and attend a radiation safety course.
- All applicants are encouraged to contact the PAL-XFEL staff in advance to discuss the experimental details and submit beamtime application.
- The beamtime proposal must be submitted by the principal investigator (PI) of the research team.
- For all kinds of beamtime proposals, an End of Run Report should be submitted to the user office of PAL within one year after finishing the experiment.
- Proposals are required to be written in English.
- PAL charges all users. For non-proprietary research, the fee is KRW 250,000 per shift (12 hrs). For proprietary research, the fee is KRW 50,000,000 per shift.
[Reference] PAL-XFEL R&D Beamtime proposal
3. Proposal details
• Scientific uniqueness of the proposal research
• Difference from general user beamtime
• Expected impact
4. Supporting materials
• Figures (if any)
• Preliminary results (if any)
5. Plan for the experiment
• Research method
• Apparatus required
• Apparatus to bring in (if any)
• Samples (names, quantity, safety clearance, etc.)
• Number of shifts (12 hours) required
6. Research team
• Name, affiliation and position with email address
• PAL registration (all members to be registered, radiation safety, etc.)
• Brief description on members: Expertise (experiment, data acquisition, data analysis, sample handling, etc.)
7. Required experimental parameters
|IP : 112.166.129.***|